Infection control and universal precautions protect patients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from strict and careful infection control – you, your dentist and the dental team. Dr. Clanton and his entire team welcome any questions or concerns you may have regarding our infection control protocol and safety measures.
Our office follows procedures recommended by The American Dental Association and several federal agencies:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
These procedures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Disposable gloves, face masks, and gowns
- Chemical Disinfection of countertops and work surfaces
- Sterilization of all instruments before every use
- Disposable materials and supplies used when indicated
We sterilize all reusable instruments including handpieces. Sterilization is accomplished through the use of an autoclave where bacteria and viruses are killed by steam, heat and pressure.
Again, we welcome any questions in regard to your concerns about our infection control standards. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make informed decisions and feel comfortable about your health care.